My mom bought me this cookbook for Christmas, not only did she buy it, but she went to a book signing and had Kate sign it for me!!! An amazing mom! This is the second recipe I’ve made from this cookbook and it came out great! Give it a try:
What you’ll need:
- 2 Cups of vegetable broth
- ½ inch piece of gingerroot
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 medium sized baked sweet potato
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of himalayan sea salt &black pepper
- 2 tsp of ghee (I didn’t have this so I skipped it)
As I’ve mentioned before, I like to keep things easy breezy when working in the kitchen. These are not Kate’s word for word directions, but here’s how I made it
- Using a crockpot placed on high heat add the broth, coconut milk and gingerroot.
- Peel sweet potato and puncture all over with a fork, wrap in a wet paper towel and put in the microwave for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add all of the spices to the crockpot
- When the potato is done in the microwave, slice them and add them to the crockpot
- Cook until hot and steamy. Before serving, use a hand mixer to break up the remaining pieces of sweet potato and gingerroot.
Recipe serves 2 but well worth doubling for leftovers.