I'm a sucker for appetizers and with football season quickly approaching, I'm about to get my hands on a lot of them! Thing is though, appetizers are often not the most healthy thing to eat, especially when you are absent-mindily eating while watching the game. I try my best to bring the "healthy" appetizer such as homemade guacamole or salsa (I like those two because you can use fresh veggies and fruits! Plus you can bring your own chips..sayyyyy quinoa and black bean tortilla chips?) Having said that, you can imagine my excitement when I learned about a Healthy Raw Queso Dip from Yoga Digest! Now my trio is complete and I can bring the HEALTHY guac, salsa, and queso! Check out below for ingredients and directions!
What you'll need:
- 2 – cups of Cashews
- 1/2 cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup of diced fresh Tomato
- 1/2 of a small Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of fresh whole Garlic peeled
- 1 – small Jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed finely chopped
- Juice from one small lime
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro washed and diced stems removed
- Water as needed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Drain the cashews and place into blender or food processor.
- Add, the yeast and cloves of garlic.
- On a low speed, begin blending the nuts while adding water a little at a time. (This is your chance to get that traditional queso texture so don't use too too much water)
- Blend until the cheese is creamy about 3- 5 minutes.
- Chop onion, tomato, cilantro + jalapeño mix together and add the fresh lime juice and sea salt.
- Place Cashew queso in a bowl and top with your salsa fresco, serve with your favorite organic chip or fresh cut vegetables.