I'm a big fan of banana bread and with the fall season quickly approaching, I was excited to try out this banana bread recipe over the weekend! It's a great thing to make on a Saturday or Sunday and enjoy throughout the week for breakfast or a snack. Plus, as always, it's healthy!
What you'll need:
- Two ripe bananas
- 1 apple (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the diced apple, sugar, flour, applesauce, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl, and mix well. Pour into greased pan, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!