For all those beet-lovers out there (and those who don't really love beets but should!) I have a tasty berry-beet smoothie recipe that I highly recommend! Side note: with all the other goodies included in the recipe, you can't even really taste the beets which is why everyone should give this a try! Why, you ask? Well beets are really, really, really good for you and I don't think we eat enough of them!
Real quick...beets lower your blood pressure; boost stamina; fight inflammation; contain anti-cancer properties; overall rich in fiber and other nutrients; and a great way to detox! Who wouldn't want all of that goodness included in their diet?
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup canned no-salt-added beets (make sure to drain the can)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and mix it up until smooth.