Need something little to munch on before your early morning workout or something quick to eat before going to bed? If you’re looking for a healthy little (and filling) snack, you’re in luck! I have been making “Almond Butter Balls” (maybe there is a better name for these, but that’s what I’ve been calling them!) for some time now and they’re not only easy, but super delicious. I would suggest taking some time on the weekend to prepare and make the almond balls, throw them in the freezer, and then enjoy all week long!
What you’ll need:
· 1 cup of Almond Butter
· ½ cup of Raw Honey
· 1 cup of Dried Cranberries (the orange flavored dried cranberries add extra flavor!)
· 1 cup of Shredded Raw Coconut
· 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds
· 2 tablespoons of Flax Seeds
· ½ teaspoon of Salt
1. Simply mix all of the ingredients, but only half of the shredded raw coconut, in a large bowl.
2. Once things seemed to be mixed, begin to “ball together” the mixture, just like you would do if you were baking cookies or making meatballs. (The almond balls should be about the size of a meatball.)
3. Roll the almond ball in the remaining half of the shredded raw coconut and place onto a cookie sheet.
4. Once you have placed all of your almond balls on the cookie sheet, place them in the freezer.
After about an hour or so, the almond balls should be frozen enough that you can take them off the sheet and place in a container without them all sticking together! Feel free to keep the container in the freezer or the refrigerator. This allows you to quickly and easily grab a ball on the go, whenever you want. Note: If you are keeping them in the freezer, you will want to let the almond ball sit out and unfreeze for a minute before eating. If you are keeping them in the refrigerator, they should be good to eat immediately!
Feel free to substitute different types of dried fruits instead of the cranberries or leave out the raw coconut if you’re not a fan. Enjoy!