Women’s Health Magazine was recently able to tap into MyFitnessPal’s database (the app that lets you track your daily caloric intake as well as daily exercise to promote weight loss goals) to see what the most common foods were that users who’ve lost more than 10 pounds consistently ate. Keep in mind, these are not the ONLY things these users ate, nor are they the only healthy options available, but keep these breakfast ideas in mind the next time you’re at the grocery store or even tomorrow morning! Starting your weight loss journey one step at a time (aka one meal at a time) is the way to see those pounds drop!
1. Coffee – Who doesn’t love a little morning pick-me-up comprised of caffeine? Turns out coffee can be especially beneficial when consumed prior to “activity” (ie. briskly walking from home to your office or a morning workout). Coffee will really kick-start the calorie burn.
2. Bananas – Eat them as they are or throw them in a smoothie for lots of nutritional benefits. Plus, bananas are a fruit that will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
3. Eggs – Eggs are loaded with protein which will help curb hunger later in the day and may even prevent you from eating a massive lunch. Plus, there are SO many ways to enjoy your eggs (scrambled, poached, hard-boiled, etc) so they can accommodate almost any preference.
4. Blueberries – These little guys are packed with antioxidants which are super nutritious and energizing. I love topping my oatmeal with blueberries!
5. Strawberries – One of my most favorite fruits! Great to have as is, or on top of some greek yogurt.
6. Tea – Experts say that drinking green tea daily can really boost your metabolism and encourage weight loss. Why not start your day with a serving of green tea (hot or iced)?
7. Milk – Milk is a great source of calcium and protein. I personally prefer almond milk (which also has some other great benefits), but drink what works for you! Drink a glass of milk as is, or pour over some whole-grain cereal or ranola.
8. Whole-Wheat Toast – Yes, I’m saying carbs are ok – just don’t overdue it! Pick a bread that is high in fiber or contains lots of yummy grains. (P.S. – my new personal favorite thing to do is spread my toast with organic coconut oil instead of butter).
9. Spinach – This leafy green is a weight loss double whammy! It’s rich in fiber and one of the veggies with the most protein. LOVE LOVE LOVE spinach in my smoothies or omelets!