So you’ve probably seen and heard a lot about chia seeds, but do you know how they benefit the brain and the body?
- They deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Almost all of their carbs are fiber
- High in quality protein
- Due to the high fiber and protein they should be able to help you lose weight by keeping you full longer
- High in Omega-3 Fatty acids
- May lower the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- High in bone nutrients
- Cause major improvements for type 2 diabetes
- Improves exercise performance
These seeds are so tiny and can be sprinkled on anything! Try sprinkling them on some greek yogurt or adding them into a smoothie. Since they don’t have much of a taste, throwing a spoonful into whatever you’re making for dinner is an option too!
Check out the previous blog post on Paleo Pudding: http://www.chasingnirvanayoga.com/new-blog/2014/8/6/paleo-pudding?rq=chia
Take a look at this article from Authority Nutrition for a quick read on all of the benefits these tiny seeds provide! http://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds/