What you'll need:
- 1 Lemon
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 t. crushed red pepper
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 package farro & red rice
- 1 T. grated pecorino cheese
- 2 T. crumbled ricotta salata cheese
- Preheat oven to 450
- Rinse and dry all veggies
- Cut Veggies:
- Remove kale leaves from stem and cut crosswise and spread out on baking sheet
- Cut lemon in half
- Cut onion in half and thinly slice
- Zest lemon over kale, sprinkle with salt, pepper and 1 T. olive oil and toss. Spread kale back out on baking sheet.
- In a skillet, add 1 T. olive oil, when oil is simmering add sliced onion and crushed red pepper. Stir until soft. Add pressed garlic and cook another minute. Add balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced.
- When oven is preheated, place baking sheet with kale in oven. Cook about 6 minutes or until crispy. Keep a close eye as not to overcook
- Add farro & rice mix to skillet with onions and cook for 5 minutes. Squeeze the lemon juice into mix and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add parsley & pecorino cheese.
- Plate rice mixture, add kale and top with ricotta cheese
Cook Time: 20-10Min
Calories: 450 per serving
I love Plated!