Among all the many things I am thankful for, including friends, family, health and yoga, this year I am also thankful for Risotto! Without Risotto I'd be eating a whole lot of soup in the colder months. Risotto allows me to mix it up while warming up!
What you'll need:
- Coconut butter or oil
- 2 Leeks chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 heaping handfuls Butternut squash cubed small
- Arborio Rice (I plan to try this with Quinoa next time)
- 4 C. Vegetable stock
- 1 C. Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Pure Maple Syrup to taste
- Chicken breast ( tofu next time)
- Saute garlic, leeks & butternut squash in coconut butter until soft sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and drizzle with maple syrup
- Add the rice and toast in the saute mixture
- Once nice and toasted, add 1 cup at a time of the vegetable broth, as each cup is absorbed by the rice add the next cup. Do this until all 4 cups are gone. If your rice is still hard in the middle add an additional cup of water
- Optional: Add a protein, I used chicken so i baked the chicken separately in the oven dressed in just salt and pepper at 350 degrees for about 30 min (or until fully cooked through).
- Mix in cheese (to taste)
- Chop chicken and add to risotto
- Top with salt and pepper, add parsley garnish for style
Just in time for Thanksgiving!!!