A friend of mine recently moved to London and I was having the hardest time thinking of what to get her. I saw these mugs on Etsy and thought to myself - "I can def. make that" - and so I did!
What you'll need:
- 2 plain color mugs - white is preferable but I couldn't find white
- Sharpies - Any colors that will show up on the mug
- An oven
- If you're not artistic, you'll also need google maps, a printer, tape and a pair of scissors
- Google Map the 2 locations
- Zoom in and out to find the right size that will fit on the mug and print
- Cut around the border of the state
- Roll up a piece of tape, place on the back of the state and stick the paper to the mug
- Using a sharpie, trace the outline of the state and then remove the paper and the tape
- Decorate the rest of the mug however you like
- Bake at 250 for about 30 min.
- Let it cool all the way and then touch the marker lightly. If it rubs off, put the mug back in the oven for a little while longer. If it sticks, it's good to go.
*Not dishwasher safe!
I guess technically I could have kept one mug and she could have taken the other but I figured better for her to take them both so that I have a set coffee mug for when I go and visit