I thought I'd take a break from posting vacation pics and in honor of St. Pattys day post the cupcakes I made this weekend. I found what seemed like a great recipe for Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes, the problem was that I wasn't going to make them from scratch. I didn't have the time nor the energy after a long week at work to be making cupcakes from scratch on a Friday night. So here is my lazymans version of Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes.
What you'll need:
- Duncain Haines Chocolate Cake Mix + all ingredients the box calls for (eggs and oil)
- White Frosting
- 1 Can Guiness
- Small bottle of Baileys (you could probably get away with buying 3 nips)
- Irish Whiskey
- Green Sprinkles
- Cupcakes foil
This particular cake mix comes with an additional mix for a fudgy filling. Follow directions on the back of the cake mix box replacing all water with booze instead
- When mixing the cake mix replace the water with guiness
- When mixing the fudge mix replace the water with Irish Whiskey
- Layer cupcake pan with the cupcake foils
- In each foil put two scoops of cake mix
- On top of that put one scoop of fudge mix
- On top of that put two more scoops of cake mix
- While that's baking, scoop the frosting out of the jar into a bowl and slowly mix in baileys I decided that it was hard to taste so I actually made a cup of coffee and added a little of that in too. Be careful not to make the frosting runny. I stuck my bowl of frosting in the freezer to harden it up a bit until the cupcakes were done baking.
- When timer goes off, let cupcakes cool completely
- The middle is going to sink in
- Dip your knife into the frosting bowl and drizzle over cupcakes
- Top with green sprinkles
St. Patricks Day shot in cupcake form!